Are you intending to go on a journey to France soon? Reliable connectivity should therefore be amongst your priorities if you were to start off with then having. However, what is a better network to use than Orange – the leading mobile operator in France with excellent coverage and speed? This article will inform you on Orange eSIM France and Orange SIM card France to enable you connect when visiting France.
Table of Contents
1. Quick Facts about Orange
Here are some quick facts about Orange, one of the major mobile operators in France:
- Orange is a French multinational telecommunications corporation. It was formerly known as France Télécom.
- It is one of the largest mobile network operators in France, along with Bouygues Telecom and SFR.
- Offers pay-as-you-go SIM cards that can be bought from Orange stores or retail outlets. No registration required.
- sell data only SIM plans without calling/text features for using as a mobile hotspot.
- Supports most LTE frequency bands used in Europe and North America.
- Provides Spain and other European roaming add-ons to existing plans for continuity abroad.
- Offers daily/weekly data passes for travelers who need a small amount of data.
- Sells international calling packages to call back home more affordably.
- Customer care available in English at Orange stores/call centers for assistance.
- Mobile payment and digital wallet services allow contactless payments on the go.
- Website has English option for checking plans, coverage and purchasing online.
2. Why Orange When You’re Exploring France – Coverage and Speed
Before choosing any network provider in a foreign country, you must consider two important factors – coverage and speed.
2.1. Orange Coverage in France
According to the Opensignal report for May 2023, Orange has the best overall mobile network experience in France. Orange won the following awards in the report:
- Overall Experience
- Excellent Consistent Quality
- Core Consistent Quality
- Voice App Experience
- 5G Video Experience
Orange’s Excellent Consistent Quality score was 85.5%, which is significantly higher than the average score for all mobile operators in France. This means that Orange users can expect to have a very good mobile experience, regardless of where they are in France.
Its 5G Video Experience score (79.6) beats the average Mobile Network Operator’s score in France. This implies that orange subscribers will enjoy smooth streaming of videos over 5g, without any buffering and delay.
Consequently, Orange is the best mobile network nationwide in France. Orange users will experience exemplary mobile services irrespective of wherever they find themselves in France.
2.2. Orange Speed
The Opensignal report for May 2023 indicates that Orange is the leader in terms of the fastest overall download speed in France with an average of 67.5 Mbps. It is higher than the overall mobile download speed of 50Mbps in France.
Orange is the quickest in France at 5G download speed with the average value of 344.8 Mbps. This is more than 95 MBps higher compared to the average 5G download speed of all mobile operators in France-249.8Mbps.
Generally, Orange has the highest level of mobile internet speeds in France. This translates to very fast download of files, video streaming and web browsing to the Orange users.
3. Orange Connectivity Options for Travelers to France
As a tourist visiting France, you can choose from these simple connectivity options on Orange network:
|Prepaid SIM card||A good option for travelers who need a temporary mobile connection in France. SIM cards come with a certain amount of credit and data, which can be used to make calls, send texts, and browse the internet.|
|eSIM||A digital version of a traditional SIM card. eSIMs can be activated on compatible devices without the need for a physical SIM card.|
|Data pass||A good option for travelers who need a lot of data while in France. Data passes can be purchased for different durations and offer different amounts of data.|
|Roaming||Allows you to use your mobile phone service in a foreign country. However, roaming charges can be expensive, so it is important to check with your carrier before you travel. Orange offers a variety of roaming plans for travelers to France.|
|Pocket WiFi||A small device that provides Wi-Fi access to multiple devices. Pocket WiFis are a good option for travelers who need to stay connected while traveling and do not want to pay for roaming charges. Orange offers a variety of pocket WiFi devices for travelers to France.|
The best option is purchase an Orange eSIM France if you are planning to stay in France for a short period of time and do not need a lot of data. If you are planning to stay in France for a longer period of time or need a lot of data, you may want to consider purchasing an prepaid Orange SIM Card France or a data pass.
4. Best Orange SIM Cards France for Tourists & Cost
Orange Holiday Europe SIM cards are a great Orange SIM Card France option for tourists visiting Europe. Orange Holiday Europe SIM cards are very affordable, especially when you consider the amount of data and calling minutes that you get.
Here are the best Orange Holiday Europe SIM cards for tourists visiting France and their associated costs:
|Orange SIM card||Data||Calling||SMS||Validity||Total Cost|
|The Holiday 12 GB SIM||12 GB||30 minutes||200 messages||14 days||~ 20 USD|
|The Holiday 30 GB SIM||30 GB||Unlimited within Europe, 2 hours to the world||Unlimited within Europe, 1000 messages to the world||14 days||~ 40 USD|
|The Holiday 50 GB SIM||50 GB||Unlimited within Europe, 2 hours to the world||Unlimited within Europe, 1000 messages to the world||28 days||~ 50 USD|
Orange Holiday Europe SIM cards come with a generous data allowance and a local number, which is important for staying connected while traveling. The 20GB SIM card is a good option for most travelers, but the 30GB SIM card is a better choice for heavy data users.
5. Does Orange Support eSIM in France?
Yes, eSIM is a fully-supported option on Orange’s own network in France. Just check your device compatibility and use the Orange app to activate a new eSIM profile.
Orange eSIM France plans provide the same great coverage and speeds as their physical SIM cards in France.
If you are considering using an eSIM on Orange, France eSIM from francesim.com may be a excellent choice. franesim.com also offers a variety of data plans to choose from, so you can find the perfect plan for your needs without having to pay expensive roaming charges.
Enjoy 7 days of French data from $6.50. No roaming fees with 1-20GB using the France eSIM 7 Day Plan. Buy now for hassle-free connectivity during your trip!:
6. Where can You Buy a Orange SIM card France and eSIM?
Here are some options for where you can purchase an Orange SIM card France or Orange eSIM France when visiting France:
6.1. Where to Buy Orange SIM Card in France?
You can easily find Orange SIM cards at these locations across France:
- Orange boutiques – Orange boutiques are the best place to buy an Orange SIM card if you want to be able to compare different plans and get help from a salesperson. Orange boutiques are located all over France, including in major cities and tourist areas.
- Relay stores – Relay stores can be a good option in case one is in a rush. Relays store are situated at airports and stations, so one should buy sim-card immediately after arrival to France.
- Supermarkets – Some supermarkets like Carrefour or Auchan sell this type of SIM cards. This is a more practical approach especially if you were planning on doing the grocery shopping anyway.
- Electronics stores – Orange SIM cards are also sold in electronic stores like Darty and Fnac. This makes it a good choice if you’re also buying a new phone or other electronic kit.
- Online retailers – This is also a possible way to buy a Orange SIM card from retailers like Amazon.fr, who are online retailers too. It is a good alternative if you are not up to visiting a store.
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport – You can get an Orange SIM card at the Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport. It would be very convenient for you in case you need a SIM card immediately after you arrive.
When buying in person, you need to provide your passport as ID proof. Getting it online delivered to your home or hotel in France is more convenient.
6.2. Where to Buy Orange eSIM France?
You can buy Orange eSIMs in France at:
- Online: You can purchase an Orange eSIM France directly from Orange’s website or other provider like francesim.com.
- Orange boutiques: Orange boutiques are the best place to buy an Orange eSIM France if you want to be able to compare different plans and get help from a salesperson. Orange boutiques are located all over France, including in major cities and tourist areas.
Discover hassle-free travel in France with a digital eSIM. Bye-bye roaming fees, simply purchase online and connect in minutes. Explore with fast data from just $6. Get your eSIM now!
7. How to Activate Orange SIM/eSIM in France?
Activating your Orange SIM card France or Orange eSIM France is easy and quick whether you are in France or abroad:
7.1. How to Use an Orange SIM Card in France?
- Get the SIM pack with the scratch card showing the PIN code.
- Insert the normal SIM in your phone and turn it on.
- A setup prompt will appear and it will detect the Orange SIM.
- Enter the PIN when asked and you’ll see the Orange network.
- Open browser and go to Orange prepaid portal, select plan and make payment by card.
- You’ll get SMS confirmation when activated. Start using mobile data, calls and SMS
7.2. How to Activate Orange eSIM France?
Getting started with an Orange eSIM for France is quite easy as follows:
- Install the eSIM
- Activate the eSIM
- Set up the eSIM
- Start using the eSIM: Once the eSIM is activated and set up, you can start using its services.
Please check your detailed instructions below:
So both Orange SIM Card France and Orange eSIM France are easy to set up digitally in minutes without visiting any store.
8. France Orange Call & SMS Rates
Orange prepaid plans come with generous domestic and EU allowances. But it’s good to know the rates for extra usage:
|Call to a French landline number||€0.10 per minute|
|Call to a French mobile number||€0.20 per minute|
|Call to an international number||Rate varies depending on the country|
|SMS to a French number||€0.07 per message|
|SMS to an international number||Rate varies depending on the country|
Please note that these rates are for calls and SMS messages made within France. Roaming charges may apply if you use your phone outside of France.
9. Useful USSD Codes for Orange SIM/eSIM
Just dial *123# to track your usage on your Orange SIM Card France or Orange eSIM France to quickly access account information and settings.
10. How to Top-up Orange SIM/eSIM
When your data or calling balance runs low, you can easily recharge your Orange SIM Card France or Orang eSIM France using:
- Online – Use your credit/debit card on Orange prepaid portal.
- App – Orange SIM app for Android/iOS allows easy top-up.
- Vouchers – Buy top-up vouchers locally and enter the code.
Online recharge is best as you can also renew your prepaid pack on their website for continued service.
11. FAQs about Orange in France
Here are some frequently asked questions about using Orange SIM and eSIM for tourists:
Does Orange offer 5G in France?
Yes, Orange has rolled out 5G coverage in around 17 major cities so far including Paris, Marseille, Nice and others. You need a 5G capable phone to use it.
How do I check Orange data usage?
You can check mobile data usage by sending a free SMS to 121 or dialing *123# on your Orange SIM. The Orange app also shows data usage.
Does Orange SIM work in French overseas territories?
Orange has good coverage in French overseas departments like Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Guiana, Reunion etc. Check roaming packs.
Can I use Orange SIM in Europe?
Yes, Orange SIMs and eSIM come with free roaming across the EU. You get plenty of data, minutes and SMS to use when traveling.
How can I contact Orange support?
You can call 1414 from your Orange SIM for customer care. Other options are live chat via app or website and email support.
12. Final Words
Getting an Orange SIM card or eSIM is the best way to stay connected across France with great coverage, speeds, and value prepaid plans. You can either buy it online in advance or visit any Orange store when you arrive in France. Both SIM and eSIM options allow dual SIM setup. Activation is quick and easy after which you’ll have unlimited domestic and EU roaming access to make the most of your France trip!